Poland, as a part of the EU, allows the citizens of EEA countries (EU + Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland and Switzerland) to work in Poland without any special work permit.
All students from NON EU/EEA countries coming to Poland need a student visa. You must obtain this visa before your arrival in Poland!
Since visas are issued only by Polish Embassies abroad, an applicant must wait until his/her application is successfully processed.
It is not allowed to travel to Poland without a proper visa.
The requested documents for issuing a visa are:
- Application form
- this form is available upon request at the Polish Embassy or consulate in your home country or in the country of your stay.
- Three photos
- Passport and copy of the data-photo page of the passport
- validity of the passport must exceed at least 3 months the expected length of the stay in Poland
- passport has to have a blank page that the visa can be affixed to it
- Document confirming health insurance for the time of the stay in Poland.
- Document confirming sufficient financial resources for the stay in Poland, the purpose of the stay in Poland and accommodation in Poland
- the official N5 forms which are a part of your acceptance notes confirm all above-mentioned requirements.
- Processing fee
- there will be a fee for obtaining a visa. Please, check it in the Embassy.
Useful link: http://www.msz.gov.pl/en/travel_to_poland/polands_missions_abroad/polish_missions_abroad